Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Double Birthday In Brockville

Uncle Shawn and I have the same birthday, and it was also Abuelito's last weekend in Brockville, so we all went for a visit to hang out and eat cake!  Here's Lauren with her best friend Lito.


 Playing with April's old Cabbage Patch Doll.

Parker loves putting the train set together (especially the bridges). 

Lauren having a little rest on Lito. 
 Laughing at something on the computer.
 We found some gigantic paper and a set of markers and pencil crayons, so Parker wanted to do some tracing practice.
 He started by writing his name, but then he ended up just drawing crazy squiggles and asking me to trace over top of them.  After I finished, he'd look at me and go, "Good!  Good job!  Nice tracing!"
 Nathalie brought a birthday cake for me and Shawn!  Yay!
 Blowing out the candles.
 And here are some photos of Lauren from the other day.  I showed her the photos on my camera after I took them and she thought they were hilarious.  She just started recognizing herself and calling herself by name (although she says Lonan instead of Lauren).
 She was putting all of the Alphie cards on her head and saying, "Hat!  Hat!"



After these photos I took her for a haircut! 
Lauren's speech is really improving!  She talks a lot at home, and is really good at repeating (or at least trying to repeat) everything we say.  She's good at putting a few words together in a sentence and can usually tell us what she wants, which is always helpful when dealing with a baby. She's still not totally walking on her own yet.  Hopefully by the time she's 3.  She'll stand up and look around, but then she sits back down and crawls around.  Or asks you to hold her hands so she can walk with help.   

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Garrett!

    I can't believe how big Lauren is getting. We really need to get the kids together soon.

    ReplyDelete