Sunday, March 13, 2011

Parker's School

I forgot to post some old photos from Parker's school!  Miss Caroline and Miss Janet let me stick around class one day and take photos of the kids playing, which was a pretty awesome experience.  The main purpose of this project was to have photo evidence that the kids actually do stuff since every time we ask Parker about his day, he doesn't tell us anything.  Our conversation usually goes like this:

Me:  Hey Parker, what did you do at school today?
Parker:  Nothing.
Me:  What did you have for a snack today?
Parker:  Nothing.
Me:  Did you play with any kids today?
Parker:  Nope.  I played by myself.
Me:  Did you read any books or do any puzzles or anything?
Parker:  Nope.

I don't know if anyone else's kids are like this, but it was starting to drive us crazy.  So I thought it would be fun to have photos of the kids actually interacting and playing and having fun at school (just in case other kids are like Parker).  And I burned copies of the photos for all the families so they could see the kids in action as well!  Here are some mostly Parker-centric samples, but with a bit of Gabriel and Andrew mixed in as well.

3 comments:

  1. I love that school - never been to it while in session but every once in a while I hear Parker talking about something his teachers do, especially the songs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nursery School looks like so much fun!!!

    Everyday when I ask Kellen what he did, he says "I played". Then, when I ask who he played with, he says "with Sophie". And, if I ask what he ate that day, he says "Pasta"...and finally, if I ask if he slept, he says "Yep". No matter what happened...these are the same standard answers I get everyday - so, you are not alone on the standard one word answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, they DO do stuff at nursery school. Thanks for the photo evidence! We actually really loved the disc of photos you provided. Thanks for the great memories. Now, if only you could go take school pictures (you know, where they sit and pose for a picture?) before the year is out.........

    ReplyDelete